The Quilter's Cabin Retreat is built like a house for an at-home feel, but modified to suit small groups for the perfect retreat experience.
Its 4000 square feet has 4 bedrooms and 3½ baths, with a full-service kitchen, dining area, living room with wood-burning fireplace, laundry facilities and a spacious Gathering Room in which to work on your projects. Every room has at least one ceiling fan to help you control your personal climate.
A maximum of 12 guests can be accommodated.
We have two covered porches, cooled with ceiling fans, and furnished with gliders and benches. We are a non-smoking facility, and ask that you partake outside.
- Four bedrooms, each with twin beds, and thick, top-of-the-line TempurPedic mattresses, and luxurious silk-filled duvets
- Each bedroom is named for its decor
Sister's Room sleeps 4 Sue's Room sleeps 3 Melon Patch Room sleeps 3 Cabin Room sleeps 2
- Two bedrooms have private baths and two have a shared bath. Additionally, there is a powder room in the Gathering Room.
- Each bathroom is equipped with a hair dryer, spa linens, and complimentary soap, shampoo, and conditioner. The largest bathroom has a whirlpool bath.
- Fully equipped with state of the art appliances, tableware, cookware, coffeemaker, a selection of coffees, teas, and pantry staples. And thanks to the Cool Crafty Chicks: a Keurig! Bring your favorite pods!
- Ozarka water cooler (with instant hot water, too)
- Enjoy potluck with your friends, go shopping at one of our four local grocery stores and cook from scratch, or eat out at one of Tomball's many restaurants.
- The dining table seats 8. In addition, there are 3 counter stools as well as a 36" round table for additional seating.
- Texas limestone, wood-burning fireplace
- A flat-screen tv/dvd player
- A selection of quilt-themed books, magazines and dvd's
- Two comfy recliners, a large, plush sofa, and several additional side chairs and tables
- Quilter's Mini-Bar (no, not the liquid kind!) stocked with all your emergency quilting needs: rotary cutter blades, machine needles, seam rippers, thread, fabric, as well as some scrapping & beading stuff too!
- Wireless internet, a copier, and scanner
- Each guest will have 16-25 square feet of workspace
- Each guest will have their own Perfect Sewing Chair ™
- Ample design walls
- Power strips at each set of tables with their own dedicated circuits
- (2) 8 square foot ironing centers with Oliso irons
- Over 16 square feet of cutting surface, complete with cutting mats
- Overhead Ott lights and ceiling fans
- CD player - bring your favorite cd's
- Powder room
- The services of either a registered massage therapist or licensed esthetician (for extraordinary facials & more!) are available by prior arrangement for $35 per ½ hr session, with a 4 person/2 hour minimum.
- A one person/one hour booking is $65.
- Reservations for either of their services must be made 2 weeks prior to your stay.