Local Sights & Sounds
The Tomball area has much to offer visitors to the Quilter's Cabin Retreat
- Needlework Shops:
- 3 Stitches
- Scrapbooking Stores:
- Scrapp'n Savvy
- Craft/Beading Stores:Hobby Lobby - 5 minutes away
Beadaholique Too - about 15 minutes away
Beads One - Spring, about 20 minutes away
- Antique Shops:On Main Street, in downtown Tomball, and just across the tracks, you'll find an abundance of antique shops where you can hunt for bargains.
Nana's Main Street
- CottageGranny's Korner Laurie's Antiques
- Art Galleries:
- Sallie Fisher Art Gallery
- Coffee Houses:Including 3 Starbucks, DaVinci's Art Gallery, Cafe Marrese, and Main Street Crossing which features live entertainment every Friday night
- Historical Monuments & Museum Complex:
Chaparral Genealogical Society
Tomball Museum Complex
- RestaurantsTomball has dozens of eating establishments, including restaurants, tea rooms and your favorite fast foods. Some of my favorites:
Gianna Italian Kitchen
Rancho Grande Mexican Restaurant
Harris County Smokehouse
The Whistle Stop Tea Room
Wholly Crepe - a Russian bistro!
Ma Goodson's - featured on the Food Network:BEST Chicken Fried Steak!
Harris County Smokehouse - breakfast all day!
CC's Cafe (an old-fashioned coffee shop)
- Mel's Country Cafe - you might catch sight of local favorite, Lyle Lovett!
- Stores:Hobby Lobby, a Craft Mall, Target, 24-hour Super WalMart, and many more
- Movie Theaters:There's a Cinema 6 (less than 3 miles away), the Showboat Drive-In, and a 19 screen Regal with Imax!
- Old Town Spring:
It's a little further away (about 20 minutes east), but well worth the trip for a fabulous lunch at any one of about 15 restaurants, and over 150 shops in charmingly renovated Texas frame and brick houses. You can justify it with a visit to GRS Creations (a clothing and quilt fabric shop), and there's even a winery!
- Driving Range:The "Tee-It-Up" driving range, with 60 practice tees, is 1½ miles from the retreat.
The Quilter's Cabin has a complete listing of restaurants, points of interest, and scrapbook, needlework, yarn, and quilt shops to help you plan your stay.
Check out the current local weather